Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Kayaking in Glenmore


Tonight I'm taking the Kayak out to the reservoir in Calgary. It's probably the closest thing you can get to an ocean in these here neck of the woods. With a boat launch coming out of South Glenmore park, it couldn't be easier and it couldn't be better.

Being that I already have my own boat, there is an inexpensive way to spend my evening and with Glenmore Landing and Oak Bay Plaza just blocks away, it's easy to make it a social event by eating at one of the restaurants around. It's even nice enough to pack a picnic and watch the birds as long as you remember to pack a little mosquito repellent.

If you don't have a boat you can rent one from The Canoe Club

For more information on Water Sports check out Savvy Mom which has some good links

Nice, peaceful way to end the work day if you ask me!



No comments:

Post a Comment