Friday, May 18, 2012

Trail Reports for Hiking in Alberta



One of my favorite things to do as a nature geek is go hiking. I'm lucky enough to have a family cabin on a lot of land south west of the city so for basic day hikes, I can go there.

When most of the snow melts and spring starts to pop her pretty little head up, I like to take things a little further west to the mountains.

But living where we do, the conditions can be unpredictable and unstable. It's not uncommon to go through all the seasons in a few hour trek up a ridge.

Usually, the best way to avoid this is by watching the weather and calling the visitor centres of the different areas you wish to hike in.

Until I found a page on Alberta Parks that had a recent trail condition review:


so take a gander before you head out this long weekend and make sure you are prepared for everything you can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment