Thursday, August 29, 2013

Kim's Convenience presented by Theater Calgary




Every year my friend Diana and I buy subscription tickets to Theater Calgary. I love this time of year, summer is about parties and being outside and a break from the norm but as the days get shorter and the nights get cooler, we all migrate inside and experience theater. The first play of the season always welcomes this transition.
 
 
This year, the play is called Kim's Convenience and I'm excited to see it. It has received rave reviews since debuting at the Toronto Fringe Festival last year, critics calling it touching and funny (my favorite combo of emotions if you ask me).
 
 
Date(s): Sept. 3 - 29
Venue: Max Bell Theatre, EPCOR CENTRE for the Performing Arts, 205 8 Ave. SE
Tickets: Prices vary
Korean immigrant Mr. Kim is nearing retirement and wondering what will happen to his convenience store when he stops running it. This family tale that looks to the past and future with love and laughter is by Toronto's Soulpepper Theatre Company, presented by Theatre Calgary.
For more info or to buy tickets go the the
Theater Calgary website

No comments:

Post a Comment