Friday, March 14, 2014

An Italian Sunset: Mountain View Connection & Lougheed House

 



I have always enjoyed Chamber Music, it sounds weird-- I think. I came home from a day of school in grade 4 raving about these high school students who came to perform for my class. They style of music was apparently called "Chamber Music" and all I could picture was a chamber pot and someone playing a violin into it but I was still in love. My  mum thought I was crazy....
 
Since then, I have found a special place for classical (and more specifically Chamber Music) in my life as I have found it to be powerful at creating a peaceful mindset. When I saw this event I jumped on it, the Lougheed House is beautiful and as a big fan of Italian opera's.. personally, I can't think of a more beautiful way to spend a Monday night.
 
Oh and wine.
 

An Italian Sunset

Lougheed House
707 13 Ave. S.W.
Calgary

March 16 to Mar 17, 2014

7:30 PM

 
Italian music performed in one of Calgary's sandstone mansions makes for an incredibly luxurious evening. This concert will take listeners around Italy as the music of some of Italy's finest composers is performed. Soprano Allison Angelo is joined by pianists Kathleen van Mouril and Charles Foreman, as well as violinist Laura Reid and cellist David Morrissey, both from the Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra. Enjoy a wine reception during the intermission and food catered by The Restaurant at the Lougheed House.
 
Adult tickets $40.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment